Friday, May 3, 2013
Thermomix Date and Walnut Loaf
This Date and Walnut Loaf is an all time favourite with the Chef. I converted it for the Thermomix for the first time today, and it has been a big success. Delicious, and perhaps one of the quickest things to make... it comes highly recommended. It's great buttered for breakfast or with a coffee during the day. I've chopped the dates and walnuts to create a smooth consistency for fussy children, but if you would like a more chunky texture, chop for less time. You might notice that by the time I managed to take a photo, it's almost gone... that has to be a good sign!
110g brown sugar
30g butter or margarine
pinch bicarb soda
230g self raising flour
1. Chop dates for 7 seconds on speed 7
2. Chop walnuts for 3 seconds on speed 7
3. Add sugar, butter, salt, bicarb soda and water and cook at 100 degrees, 3 minutes, reverse, speed 1 or until butter has melted and mixture has foamed.
4. Add flour and mix 5 seconds, reverse, speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl if necessary, and mix for a few more seconds until flour has folded through.
5. Pour mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper and bake at 180 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes.