Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Thermomix Apple & Almond Cake
190g self raising flour
110g almonds (I used blanched almonds)
60g brown sugar + 1 extra teaspoon
1 teaspoon cinnamon
70g butter, chilled and cubed + 10g extra, melted
2 red apples
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan forced)
2. Quarter and core one apple, leaving skin on. Grate, 3 seconds speed 4. Set aside, rinse and dry thermomix bowl.
3. Add almonds to thermomix bowl and grind, 10 seconds, speed 7
4. Add flour, sugar and cinnamon to bowl and mix, 6 seconds, speed 4 or until combined
5. Add butter and mix, 5 seconds, speed 8. The mixture should resemble fine breadcrumbs
6. Add egg, milk and apple, mix 6 seconds, speed 5 or until mixture has just combined.
7. Spoon mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper and smooth with spatula.
8. Quarter and core remaining apple and slice thinly. Lightly press apple slices onto the top of mixture, and drizzle with melted butter and extra sugar.
9. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.